Top 10 Reasons To Adopt An Older Dog
- Older dogs are housetrained. You won’t have to go through the difficult stage(s) of teaching a puppy housemanners and mopping/cleaning up after accidents.
- Older dogs are not teething puppies,and won’t chew your shoes and furniture while growing up.
- Older dogs can focus well because they’ve mellowed. Therefore, they learn quickly.
- Older dogs have learned what “no” means. If they hadn’t learned it,they wouldn’t have gotten to be “older” dogs
- Older dogs settle in easily, because they’ve learned what it takes to get along with others and become part of a pack.
- Older dogs are good at giving love, once they get into their new, loving home. They are grateful for the second chance they’ve been given.
- What You See Is What You Get: Unlike puppies, older dogs have grown into their shape and personality. Puppies can grow up to be quite different from what they seemed at first.
- Older dogs are instant companions — ready for hiking, car trips, and other things you like to do.
- Older dogs leave you time for yourself, because they don’t make the kinds of demands on your time and attention that puppies and young dogs do.
- Older dogs let you get a good night’s sleep because they’re accustomed to human schedules and don’t generally need nighttime feedings, comforting, or bathroom breaks.
How It Works
Go to smile.amazon.com and sign into your Amazon account. In the field that says Search, type in Brookline Labrador Retriever Rescue (or Labrador Retriever Rescue) and hit Search. When it comes up, choose it as your charity. When you shop, sign into smile.amazon.com instead of plain old amazon.com, and every purchase will help our Labs! How easy is that?